Friday, January 28, 2011

MAC "Mating Call" - RSL

Hello!

So I recently got MAC's Mega Metal eyeshadow from the Peacocky collection in Mating Call and I was very happy with my new e/s as I don't have a colour like this in my collection.

  • The colour is a pretty, shimmery pinky-mauve. I am not too good with decribing colours but it is kind of a dark lilac if you will.
  • I wouldn't say that is a really unique colour - It's pretty but definitely been seen before.
  • The eyeshadow comes in a bigger pan size than the norm. It has been said to be the size of MAC's cream colour bases and the e/s from Tartan Tale collection.
  • Very soft in texture.
  • It's easy to apply and blend.
  • No fallout when I used it.
  • It becomes a nice purply colour when used with a black base such NYX JEP in Black Bean.
  • Price: This collection is not out in India yet so no idea.
This is all I have to say about the e/s for now. I have had a chance to use it just today and I created two looks. I must say that the looks don't do justice to the actual colour. The colour pictured in the e/s pan is actually what the real colour is like, and so is the swatch.

I am a little disappointed with the way the colour shows up in the pictures but that's because of my photography and lighting issues. But overall the looks turned out good so I am happy.

Products used:
  1. Look 1:
  • MACe/s in Mating Call
  • NYX e/s in Space
  • MAC e/s in Beauty Marked
  • Loreal lineur intense eyeliner
  • Inglot White e/s
  • Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
   2. Look 2:
  • MAC e/s in Mating Call
  • MAC e/s in Beauty Marked
  • MAC e/s in Romp
  • Loreal lineur intense eyeliner
  • Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
  • Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
So for the first look, I created a crease using NYX space. In the second one, I created the crease and blended it up with Romp and then added more definition to the crease with Beauty marked. I did one look on each eye and yes, I took my dogs for a walk wearing two different looks on my eyes! :D

Here are some pictures:


The e/s in pan


Here you can appreciate the real colour of the e/s

Swatches!

Look 1: Mating Call on main eyelid area, NYX in crease&above

Same look, different light.


Look 2: with Romp & BeautyMarked in crease


Same look, different angle, light.
  Hope you enjoy!! Leave me a comment about your thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment