One of the most deliciously wicked Lipglasses from 'Venomous Villains' collection by MAC is the Wrong Spell Lip Glass lip gloss. This was gifted to me more than a month ago but since the collection is out just about now in India, I wanted to review it for you.
- It has a cute and fun packaging with Maleficent on the tube.
- The gloss is by itself, a purply-brown colour.
- It does have some pink micro-shimmer in it.
- The colour is pretty and nothing spectacular by itself.
- However, as recommended by Jangsara, I tried it with a dark plum base, the colour turned out to be a deliciously dark purple. I used Covergirl smoothers lip liner in "Plum Chiffon"
- I feel that all skin tones may not be able to carry of this colour - I could be wrong though.
- The downside is that it does not spread evenly.
- Tends to morph into a more pink version of itself when applied with a lip pencil/liner.
- Overall, the colour is great but this is not the most easy to use lip gloss!
Some pictures for you:
|Packaging with flash!|
|Applied directly on lips!|
|With 'Plum Chiffon' lip liner!|
|Another one with lip liner!|
Notice how the colour looks a bit patchy - it does not have the smoothest application in the world. Also, see how the colour transforms to a dark purply-grape colour!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think!